You know those annoying morning people that wake up without an alarm, never have to hit snooze, is happy and cheerful after waking up, has no problem working out early, and states that their favorite time of the day is the morning?
Yeah, well, uhhhhh…. I’m one of those people. I wasn’t always a morning person though. There were times when I stayed up way too late, slept in when I could, was grumpy in the morning, and just hated waking up early. Now a days, I am the “annoying morning person” that I explained before. Although I won’t lie, some days I can be a little less peppy than others! My body seems to just naturally wake me up early no matter what time I went to bed the night before.
So many people ask me how I wake up early everyday and consider 7am sleeping in. I believe that the reason for this is because of a few things, but mainly my body clock and habit.
Here are some tips to become a morning person:
1. Go to bed earlier. If you constantly go to bed late, you will keep waking up late. Start going to bed earlier little by little every night and your body will get used to it.
2. Set an alarm in the morning. Going to bed earlier, you’ll probably start to naturally wake up earlier. To get your body used to it, set an alarm!
3. Make it a habit. Once you start going to bed earlier and waking up earlier, it’ll start to become a habit. Your body clock will start to change and you’ll be on a different/new sleep schedule.
4. Get enough sleep. Ensuring that you’re well rested is essential to becoming a morning person. Anyone who doesn’t get enough sleep will not want to be waking up early, but if you get enough sleep there is no reason why you shouldn’t feel great after waking up.
5. Fake it till you make it. Ok, this is kind of corny, but I swear it works. If you wake up and you have a negative mindset about it, you’ll probably not have a very great morning! Be positive about it, and you’d be surprised that you actually might enjoy the calmness of the morning.
6. Be productive. Go to the gym, get some emails done, catch up on some reading, whatever it is that you may want to do just do it, and it’ll feel really awesome to get things done early on. You’ll realize that you get much more done during the day once you start becoming a morning person.
Are you a morning person?
Any tips you have to share?