The other day my friend Sarah and I met up with the hopes of absolutely murdering our legs/bootay.. and we definitely achieved that. We were sore pretty much until Thursday, and we worked out on Sunday. Goal attained.
I typically do legs 2-3 times per week, and focus on hamstrings and glutes at least one day, and two if I end up doing 3 leg days. My legs tend to grow faster than my glutes, so focusing them on a specific day is always a good idea. So without further ado, onto the GLUUUUTES!
Here is the full-breakdown we did:
- Deadlifts 5 sets – start with lower weight with about 8 reps, then increase weight each set and lower reps
- Hip Thrusts 5 sets – do the same as above, increase weight each set
- Reverse Pause Hack Squats – 3 sets, 10 reps (close stance)
- Single Leg, Leg Press – 3 sets, 10 reps each leg
- Single Leg Deadlift – 3 sets, 10 reps each leg
- Smith Machine Step Ups – 3 sets, 8 reps each leg
- Cable Squat to Good Morning – 3 sets, 10-12 reps
- Glute Kickbacks on Riser – 3 sets, 10-12 reps each leg
And of course, I have the video with a full commentary explaining the exercises if you want to watch!
Favorite leg or glute exercise?
Deadlifts or hip thrusts?