How to survive the holiday’s is something that I hear about EVERY single year. It starts at Halloween with all of the candy, and it ends on New Year’s where everyone then freaks out about all the food they ate and sets a goal to “lose the weight” at the start of the year.
Well guess what? You DON’T need to survive the holiday’s. Yes, the title is very misleading, because I’m not here to tell you how to survive it. I want to tell you that you don’t need to survive the holiday’s. This time of the year only comes once a year. It’s a time to rejoice the Lord, spend time with the one’s you love, give thanks, and enjoy yourself with great food and better company.
A couple of celebrations will NOT kill you, and it will not derail your physique goals. There is no need to get anxiety about the holiday’s and all the delicious food being offered. If you aren’t prepping for a competition or something of that sort, just relax and enjoy yourself.
Some things you should do is:
- Cherish time with your family. I don’t know about you, but this is one of the only times I get to see my brother. It’s literally only about once per year, so I’m going to make the most of it and drink wine with him and just have fun.
- Be thankful that you get to celebrate these holiday’s. So many people around the world don’t get food for Thanksgiving, or any presents for Christmas. Some may not even have a roof over their heads. I’m so thankful that I do, and you should be too.
- Indulge and enjoy yourself. I preach this all.the.time. but seriously guys, life is all about balance. No foods should be off limits, have a glass of wine, and have some dessert or something. I promise you won’t gain 30 lbs in one day.
- On the other hand, just be mindful. You don’t have to eat an entire pie to yourself (unless you want to, YOLO), but have a slice. Fill your plate with turkey and veggies first, and then all of the delicious side dishes. That way you still get a good balanced meal.
- Exercise normally. Don’t stress yourself out thinking you have to run 18 miles or something just because you are having Thanksgiving dinner. Getting in a good sweat is a good idea, but just go about it normally.
- STOP STRESSING. Really. It’s so silly to stress over a time that should be cherished and enjoyed.
Love you all! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and enjoy!
Have you ever stressed over the holiday’s?
What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?