I got the opportunity to try out Skoop Plant Protein Powder, so I have a review for you guys! I use plant protein all the time, because my tummy can’t really handle whey. I consume whey sometimes, specifically in the form of quest/protein bars, but then I know I’ll usually suffer a bit. Needless to say, protein powder is something I don’t think it’s worth the aftermath, so I stick with plant protein. I’m always on the lookout for new powders, because although I’d rather eat my food, I do like to make protein bars, pancakes, waffles, muffins, and I like to use it in a pinch. I was sent the viva-vanilla flavor, and the bag immediately caught my eye with all of the fun information about all it has to offer. Some facts about B-Strong:
- B-Strong contains 160 calories, 16 g of protein, and 6 g of fiber. It can be used as a snack, post-workout treat, or meal replacement.
- B-Strong is a plant-based protein powder that promotes a three-stage process to help your body absorb nutrients, build muscle, and recover quickly.
- B-Strong contains prebiotics that promote a happy belly and help the gut absorb macro and phytonutrients throughout your day.
- It is a complete protein, which means it has all the essential amino acids that promote the growth of lean muscle tissue! <—This is awesome.
I like that the ingredients are wholesome, and they also include vitamins, minerals, omegas, prebiotics, and even mediterranean fruits. Never seen that in a protein powder before! The only thing that some people may not like about this, is the macros. I’ve never seen a protein powder that has more carbs than protein. I know a lot of people look for that high protein content in a powder, so it is something to keep in mind! I usually have a good amount of carbs post workout, so it works fine for me. And the full ingredient list is as shown above. A ton of good stuff in there! They also sent me some little boost shots, which reminded me of the extras you can order at jamba juice which I thought was pretty cool. They have a sweet greens, and a chocolate one, so you can use them in two different types of smoothies. They have a ton of benefits and good ingredients in them as well, so just some extra nutrients! As for the TASTE? Which is the most impotent after all. I’d give it an A+ ! I loved the texture and the taste. It wasn’t chalky AT ALL and didn’t taste like dirt or grass, which you often find with plant-based proteins. Win! It also had a lighter consistency to it, similar to whey, whereas plant proteins are usually super dry and dense. I absolutely loved it. If you want to know more about Skoop, you can check out their website, twitter, instagram, and blog! Now, want to win a bag of your own?! The winner will receive a 30 serving bag as well as a blender bottle. Heck yes!
- Leave a comment telling me your favorite way to use protein powder.
- “Like” healthy skoop’s Facebook page and follow them on twitter.
That’s it! I’ll keep the giveaway open until next Thursday, August 7th.
Congrats to Paige C. who said: