Have you ever felt something tugging on your heart, but you were afraid to take the first step?
You felt a strong urge that you are meant to make that move, but you constantly worry, doubt, and fear that something will happen. You keep going over the “what-if’s” and it holds you back from making that decision.
Worry and fear is something that we all go through, but it just holds us back from the things that we need to do in order to make the right change in our lives.
There was a time in my life where I just stayed in my little comfort bubble. Guess what happened there? Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. Change can be scary, and it’s so much easier to stay in our comfort zone. It’s human for us to not want to change, but what does that do for us?
Think back to all the monumental things that have happened in your life. Did they occur from staying in your comfort zone? Did they occur from saying no to new experiences? Did they occur because you kept doing the same things over and over again without trying another path?
I didn’t think so.
The most memorable and best things that have happened in my life occurred after I finally stepped outside of my comfort zone. They only occurred after I started saying yes to more things, and doing things that I have never done before.
I struggle with anxiety, so I know the feeling of constant worry. When I think about the things I’m worried about, I realize how silly it is. Sometimes we are so caught up in our own little world, that we don’t realize what we are even worrying about.
Worrying is just a lack of trust in God. Even if you may not be religious, it just robs you from making that next step towards your destiny.
It’s hard to give it all up and put your faith out there. But there is something greater for you, you have to believe it. The first step is taking that step, and giving up that fear. Fear simply holds you back from the choices that you should be making that will lead you down the correct path.
Here’s what you should do to start:
- Start saying YES. The things you say yes to shape your life. Think about it.
- Listen to your intuition. More often than not, the answers to your questions are right in front of you, you just aren’t looking for them.
- Give up the worry, and stop fearing the unknown. Most of the things we worry about end up being things we never needed to waste time worrying about.
- Step outside your comfort zone. You will not grow in your little bubble – there is no room to grow there.
- Experience knew things. Just do it.
- Take the first step. You may not know what is all the way down the road, but there will be a light for that first step. Trust.