I didn’t even realize how amazing this year really was until I just started to think about it. I wasn’t going to do a year in review post because lets be real, who cares except for me! However, looking back, this year really did have some amazing times and memories that I will never forget. It included traveling, realizations, stepping outside my comfort zone, new milestones, and dreams finally being pursued. I can honestly say that 2014 was probably the best year I’ve had, probably ever. I’m so excited for 2015, because this year has opened my eyes to so many things that I know will lead me down the right path for the year to come.
- The year started off with me obtaining my NASM certified personal training certificate. This was a long time coming, and I literally cried when I received the “pass” after studying for 6 months and taking the exam.
- I continued to study and get good grades in school! School full-time, blogging, working, etc. is always a challenge, but good grades are super important to me.
- I traveled to Northern California/Napa/Yosemite and fell madly in love with it. I can’t wait to move to Cali someday in the (NEAR) future.
- I also applied for a job as a flight attendant and got it. Although I turned it down because I felt like I needed to finish my degree, it was a great experience and something I never thought I would do.
- Started my YouTube channel and documented my bikini competition prep and still want to continue to grow it!
- I decided to prep for my first bikini competition, which is something I had wanted to do for YEARS. It was one of the best decisions of my life, and I fell in love. To top it all off, I exceeded my expectations and got first freaking place. I still can’t believe it.
I can’t wait to step on stage again.
- I met up and became friends with so many new people! Above, Brittney, we “met” on instagram and became instant friends at the competition. Also, so many other instagram people. Love it.
- I visited Chicago as well with two of my best friends and fell in love with that city as well.
- Dyed my hair dark brown from platinum blonde and started to take my modeling serious and to the next level.
I have finally decided to go for my dream. I never did so because I didn’t think it was a reality or even possible for me to achieve it. But once I stepped outside my comfort zone and won my bikini competition, something clicked and I realized ANYTHING is possible. If I want something, I need to work my ass off and get it. If I don’t, then it sure as hell won’t be possible. So many doors have already opened, and i’m so ready for 2015. BRING IT.
What was the highlight of your year?
Any fun NYE plans?