One random night cold pasta salad popped into my mind and thought it sounded like the best thing in the entire world #pregnancyproblems. So I HAD to make one… and here we are.
Matthew and I were in Colorado for Thanksgiving, so we ate out a bit as well. It seemed like arugula kept popping up in our dishes at different restaurants and I forgot how much I loved the taste of it. I kept saying “we need to get arugula and add it into our recipes when we get home”!
Since this pasta dish is served cold, arugula was the perfect addition to get some greens and veggies in there. Aside from that, I also included some asparagus, mushrooms, black olives, and goat cheese. The combination of all the veggies along with the creaminess of the goat cheese makes this dish just divine.
- Pasta (I used Barilla protein plus wheat penne) I used about half the box.
- Asparagus (I used about 6-8 spears)
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Black Olives
- Olive Oil
- Goat Cheese
- Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper
The way I make my recipes is basically just to wing it. Yup, story of my life. WINGING EVERYTHING. That’s just how I do.
I also don’t typically measure too precisely unless it’s baking because in my opinion it’s all about personal taste! Want more basil? Add more. Want less pepper? Use less. Want more salt? Add it. Catch my drift?
- Cook pasta. I cooked it al dente, so it only took about 11 minutes.
- With about 4 minutes left, I added in the chopped up asparagus and mushrooms.
- After that was done, I poured it all into a strainer and ran it under cold water.
- Add 1 TBS olive oil and 3 TBS lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add goat cheese to your liking. I probably did a few tablespoons to 1/4 cup.
- Add black olives, I did a handful.
- I then added the arugula and then I ended up adding about 3 more TBS of lemon juice and more salt and pepper to my liking! Topped with fresh basil leaves (I used about 3 full leaves chopped) and mix thoroughly.
SO SIMPLE and so delicious! Just the way I like it.