I have to admit, I didn’t blog as much as I would like this year. Once my YouTube channel started to take off, blogging kind of took the back burner. When I first started blogging (gothextramile if any of you are MVP readers from back in the day), I was posting more lifestyle type posts – similar to what I did in the day, what I was eating, etc.
Lately, my blog has kind of transitioned more into an informative type of blog focusing on specific topics. I really love writing, and I have a ton of ideas constantly floating in my mind. I’d love to hear some feedback from any of my readers about what you guys like to see. I want to focus more on blogging this year, in addition to YouTube, so having your input would mean the world!
As for this past year, I figured I’d share some of my top posts of this year! It’s pretty awesome to see which posts get the most traffic/feedback from.
- The Healthier I Ate, the Worse I Felt
- The Wrong Reasons to Compete in a Bikini Competition
- “Best Exercises for Women” Articles Need to Go
- What Beauty Means to Me
- Full Day of Eating
Visitors came from a total of 154 countries in all! Most visitors came from The United States. Canada & United Kingdom were not far behind.
The top referring sites in 2015 were:
Make sure ya’ll follow me on those social media channels as well!
My most commented on post in 2015 was The “Healthier” I Ate, the Worse I Felt
These were my 5 most active commenters:
- Lauren from The Bikini Experiment
- Hollie from Fueled by LOLz
- Linda from The Fitty
- Rebecca from Strength and Sunshine
- Jen from J Pabst Fitness
You ladies are the bombbbbb, just sayin’ <3
What I Did/Learned:
- I started making decisions based on what would make me happy.
- Honestly, a lot of decisions I have made in the past were made because of what other people would think of me, what would make other people happy, etc. It’s liberating to truly do what YOU want to do.
- I reached over 25k subs on YouTube and over 42k followers on instagram.
- Social media is NEVER about the numbers, likes, or followers to me, however, being able to connect with and reach so many amazing people is absolutely incredible. Having the ability and the platform to help others is what matters to me the most.
- I made it into the top 20 for the bodybuilding.com spokesmodel search.
- I didn’t even think I’d make it into the semi-finals round, so reaching that goal was such a wonderful reassurance that I DO deserve something like that.
- I got my Group Fitness Certification.
- I’ve always been interested in teaching group fitness, so this was a great accomplishment.
- I turned 23.
- Where does the time go? Time really does go by SO fast, so it’s important to be in love with every minute of your life.
- I secured an amazing internship opportunity.
- Searching for an internship was stressful. I applied to literally 3948023 different ones, and I ended up securing one at the very last minute. I start it in January, and it’ll be a wonderful chance for me to really put what I’ve learned in my 5 years of college into action. I’m excited!
- I MOVED ACROSS COUNTRY. And it was the best decision I’ve ever made.
- I’m typically very indecisive about certain things, but I was surprised when I KNEW for a fact, without any doubt in my mind, that I needed to move across the country. I have wanted to do this for YEARS, literally over 8 years at least, and it finally became a reality. Change is scary, but it is SO worth it.
Thanks for making it a great year, and here’s to 2016 😉