Getting “fit” is a very broad topic because fit is different for everyone. Everyone has different goals, different fitness levels, different starting points, and more. One persons goal may be specific such as increasing their squat. Another may be aesthetic goals such as getting ripped or growing muscle. Another person’s goal may be to love themselves more and work on their mental health. Maybe someone’s goal is to just make small changes such as walking more throughout the day or eating more vegetables. ALL of these goals are absolutely perfect and amazing things to work towards. No matter what your goal is, getting fit can be for everyone.
Now that I’ve cleared that up, this blog post and video below is dedicated to getting fit physically! I think having physique goals is so much fun, which is why I love bodybuilding. It’s incredible to see your body change, whether it’s transforming your body, growing muscle, losing fat, whatever it may be. The human body is just incredible, and being able to make it how you want is the coolest part of all. And yes, you can absolutely work on your body physically while still loving it and accepting it at ALL stages!
TOP TIPS TO FOCUS ON WHEN TRYING TO REACH YOUR FITNESS GOALS:
- NUTRITION –
- Eat whole foods (foods in their most natural state)
- Focus on calories. Eat less than maintenance to lose fat, eat more than maintenance to gain muscle.
- Figure out your macronutrients if you want to get even more specific. Have a good balance of protein, fats, and carbohydrates. How to figure out your macros click here.
- Weigh out and track your food!
- PROPER TRAINING PROGRAM –
- Focus on weight lifting, even if you want to lose fat.
- MOST IMPORTANT THING TO FOCUS ON = progressive overload.
- Mixture of strength and hypertrophy.
- CARDIO –
- Start with a low amount and increase over time.
- Can do any type you like!
- HIIT vs. Steady state: not one is better than the other.
- PROGRESS AND PATIENCE –
- Focus on progress in other ways than just the scale. How your clothes fit, measurements, if you’re getting stronger, how much sleep you’re getting, photos/the mirror, if you’re gaining endurance, if you FEEL better, if you’re happier!
- MENTAL HEALTH –
- Think about how you feel.
- Be kind to yourself & don’t be so hard on yourself.
- Don’t compare yourself to others.
- MAKE THIS A LIFESTYLE!
- Don’t jump to extremes.
- Make small changes.
- Focus on small progress and changes over time.
If you want to hear all of those tips in MUCH more detail, watch the video below!