8 months of pregnancy already DONE!! What is life. I feel like this entire process has flown by, but I also feel like I’ve been pregnant my entire life… a very strange feeling.
Lets jump into the updates for month 8, shall we? I believe last update I did weeks 29-32.
33 weeks pregnant:
- Baby was the size of a cauliflower blossom!
- I was very tired this week, as with every week in this third trimester. But for some reason, I can never nap.
- Anxiety was at an all time high this week. It was the week of our baby shower, so we had friends staying with us. I struggle a lot with social anxiety, even with my best friends. Especially when people will be staying with us for long periods of time, it makes me so anxious. I’m someone who really needs my own space and alone time, so having someone at my house at all times heightens my anxiety. Matthew is the only person I can be around 24/7 and enjoy it lol!
- We also had our baby shower which was absolutely incredible! You can read all about it here.
- We also took our maternity photos right before our baby shower which was a ton of fun. I haven’t gotten back all the professional photos yet, hopefully soon as I’ll be sure to share them, but I did get the indoor session photos back and Matthew took some good BTS photos with his iPhone.
34 weeks pregnant:
- Baby was the size of a cantaloupe or a Savoy cabbage!
- I wrote “tired” twice in my notes… LOL. Just goes to show ya.
- I am up to peeing like every 15-20 minutes. I wish this was an exaggeration.
- I had a huge urge to nest this week (it’s even worse now), but I also had no motivation to nest. The struggle.
- I was also super stressed and anxious about everything we needed to buy. We didn’t get a ton of “must haves” that were on our registry at our baby shower unfortunately, so I knew we had a lot of work to do!
- We took a newborn class this week which was pretty good. It was very basic, just learning some stuff and ultimately about changing diapers, swaddling, burping, and bathing. I knew a lot of it since I have worked with kids my whole life in daycares and as a nanny, but it was a good refresher and great for Matthew to get some hands-on experience.
- We tried to do a 3D/4D ultrasound this week but since my placenta was directly on baby’s face we couldn’t get a picture. She told me to spend a week chugging water and drinking a ton of smoothies in order to increase the amount of fluid and then come back and try again in about a week.
- I was also struggling with taking deep breaths this week. I thought that was supposed to let up due to baby dropping, but for me, it’s likely just anxiety.
35 weeks pregnant: