Today’s my birthday.
I’m not really feelin’ 22.. Sorry Taylor. It feels as if I was just in high school like, yesterday. But I also feel like I’m much older than my age – think granny status. 😉
Sure, I’m pretty darn young to most people. I know that. But I have been through a LOT in my life so far, and I’ve learned so much in such a short period of time.
1. Don’t waste your time dealing with petty drama or talking crap about people.
Seriously. It drains you emotionally, and it’s not worth it. You’re better than that.
2. Don’t feel bad for removing toxic people from your life.
Some people can be toxic to your well-being. Who cares who they are, if they aren’t lifting you up, don’t feel bad for letting them go.
3. Find something you are extremely passionate about and pursue it.
Your passion should turn into your career. You spend a lot of time at work, you might as well enjoy it. Don’t do something just for the money.
4. Do things that make YOU happy.
I used to do anything even if I didn’t want to, just because it would make everyone else happy. Of course sometimes you should do that, especially since relationships are about compromise, but don’t feel bad for doing things you want to, too.
5. Shit. Happens. Let it strengthen you, and move on.
That’s life. Shit goes down in everyone’s life. Don’t dwell on it. Don’t sit there and sulk about it. Use it as a learning experience.
6. BE HERE NOW.
Always live in the moment. Leave the past in the past, and don’t worry so much about the future. Things will workout the way they are supposed to.
8. Stop wishing for more.
Once we get one thing, we are constantly thinking of the next thing that will make us happy. What about everything you have been blessed with so far? Be thankful for what you do have.
9. Surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you.
10. Don’t worry about things that haven’t even happened yet.
How many times did you worry yourself sick about something, and it turned out to be completely okay? Yeah.
11. You can do anything you put your mind to.
Cliche, yes. True, yes. If you want something, you can have it if you don’t give up.
12. Most things do not come easy.
Work your ass off.
13. Save money each paycheck.
Really. Don’t spend it all on clothes you don’t need, you will need to pay bills with that.
14. Treat yoself.
With food. And pampering. And nice things for yourself. Just be smart about it.
15. Spend time with your family and closest friends.
You won’t always have much time to do so.
16. You don’t need alcohol to have fun.
In high school you might not be caught dead at a party without a drink. But in reality, alcohol isn’t necessary.
17. Take care of your body.
You will live in this body forever. Be kind to it.
18. If your goal is to “be skinny”, please re-think that.
19. There will always be people who are not nice. Or don’t like you. Don’t think it’s because of you.
20. Travel when you can, it’s worth it.
Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer. There are so many beautiful places to see.
21. Time flies. Enjoy every second.
22. Always look on the bright side of things. It will make you much happier.
Perspective is everything. You tell yourself you will have a good day? I guarantee you will.
What’s something important you’ve learned?